Thursday, June 3, 2010

There's No Place Like Home Page

Okay, I get it. I'm not welcome. Don't come this way, don't knock on this gate, haunted alley, I'd turn back if I were you.

Yet just across the way, at 222 E. Harvard Street in Glendale...

...is the Glendale Central Library, where you're most welcome this Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m. when I'll be speaking to the Alameda Writer's Group about blogging. It's called "Blog Your Writing Career: Ten Tips for Putting Your Best Cyberfoot Forward." The meeting is free and you don't have to be an AWG member to attend.

I'm not sure if I like the "Cyberfoot" thing. Too cute, maybe. But I wrote it, so I'm stuck with it for now, and you get the idea. If you're thinking about blogging or if you're blogging and nobody's reading, come on by.

By the way, the driveway just west of the haunted alley will take you into the parking lot on the corner of Harvard and Maryland. Validate your ticket at the library's front desk and you can park three hours for free.

I hope to see you, ruby slippers or no.

14 comments:

Dina said...

~~~~ Halloween signs?

Wish I could hear you speaking on the ten tips.
Break a cyberleg.

Petrea Burchard said...

They do look Halloweeny, don't they? They're street repair signs, I guess. Little workmen holding stop signs. They see kind of silly, but we get the meaning and I guess that's what counts! Thanks, Dina.

Anonymous said...

You're a wonderful speaker; everyone will have a good time -- and even learn something, to cyberboot.

Latino Heritage said...

I found your last talk very helpful. I know that folks attending on Saturday will be helped, too.

mark said...

Will you have a cash bar and some finger food? Im sure it will be very entertaining and informative.

Susan C said...

I'll be there because it will give me an excuse to eat donuts for breakfast. Actually, I know it will be worthwhile because Petrea puts a lot of thought and preparation into everything she does.

Petrea Burchard said...

You guys are sweet! Thank you. And I have been practicing--not too hard, there's room for spontaneity.

So Mark, no cash bar, but I hear there will be coffee and donuts. Maybe an incentive to get there early.

Desiree said...

Super! Have a great time!

Bellis said...

That's an impressive c.v on the Alameda Writer's Group web site. They're lucky to get you.

Katie said...

Putting your best cyborgfoot forward? Very sci-fi of you. Oh wait, I should slow down when I read (an Evelyn Wood superstar I'm not). I really wish I could attend your talk. And not just for the donuts! I'm sure it'll be a fun event and people will learn a lot.

Petrea Burchard said...

Thanks, Des!

Bellis, they get some excellent people. I'd better be sharp.

Ha ha, Katie! We've been calling the sideboard the cyborg.

Ms M said...

I hope your talk went well -- and that you had fun doing it, cyberfoot, cyborgfoot and all... :)

Petrea Burchard said...

It's in two more days, Ms. M! I'm getting psyched.

Ms M said...

Oops! I misread the date of your talk! I'm sure you will do a great job :) Have a good time!