Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Zen Monday #248

Good to know.

23 comments:

Book Dragon said...

the flowers? the wall? what!

Kalei's Best Friend said...

@Book Dragon: Probably both! :-)

BaysideLife said...

Makes me wonder what's below the sign. Spigot for watering the non-potable flowers?

Katie said...

Warning for the hummingbirds?

Bellis said...

A good warning if they're hemlock flowers. But tea made from hibiscus flowers is really tasty, and hasn't killed me (yet).

TheChieftess said...

@Bellis...I'm rather partial to rose petal tea...

I do hope the birds in this neighborhood can read!!!

Petrea Burchard said...

I like chamomile, too. Rose tastes a little weird to me. I don't think I've tried hibiscus.

altadenahiker said...

Due to our litigious society, we have warning signs for all possible contingencies. My favorite remains the one on my dry-cleaner bags: This is not a toy! Do not put plastic bag over head as may result in suffocation.

Ms M said...

True. Many flowers are not potable, nor edible. But the birds and bees won't tell you that.

Petrea Burchard said...

Everything from "watch your step" to "mind the gap," eh, Hiker?

Ms M, the birds and bees must be way ahead of us.

dive said...

Hee hee.

Desiree said...

:)

Pasadena Adjacent said...

Looks like your in the 'older' Lacy Park bathroom

gregory urbano said...

got it!

Petrea Burchard said...

Hee hee back at you, Dive.

Des, :) as well.

PA, this is a slightly hidden spot at Mountain View Cemetery.

Hi Gregory, thanks for your comment and visit!

Trish said...

Please don't eat the daisies!

sonia a. mascaro said...

I am with Katie, "warning for the hummingbirds"?

Clifford Beshers said...

Gonna go invent a flower smoothie right now.

Margaret said...

But I do so love a nice sip o' flower.

Petrea Burchard said...

Mmm. Flower smoothie. What goes in it?

LONDONLULU said...

Quite the PSA! Perhaps some folks might've needed to know this...(I hope not, but you never know!)

Speedway said...

Isn't all water potable, but the things that may be in it make it possibly a danger to drink? On our boat, we had water that was supposedly drinkable, having run it through filters w/mini-microns in size, only to run it through another, even smaller filter. Technically, it was *potable* but we still only used it for washing up.

Petrea Burchard said...

Potable means "drinkable," or more specifically, "safe to drink." So polluted water is not potable. Some water that tastes bad is still potable, like your shipboard supply, Speedway.