Thursday, January 3, 2013

Penny Time

Here's another photo from the archives. These vines grow (or grew) up the backsides of what used to be Madre's restaurant on Granite Park Place. I like the backsides of things. Don't take that the wrong way.

I don't know what it the building houses now. I haven't been getting out much lately. I could blame the economy (and I wouldn't be lying), but really it's because I've been obsessed with getting THE BOOK published. It's almost a full-time job.

However, I'll be getting out on January 12th and I hope you'll join me. We all talked about going to Penny For Your Thoughts together, a sort of PDP coffee outing. The owner, Millie, and I picked January 12th at 10:30 am. Come join us!

Penny For Your Thoughts is at 1365 N. Hill Avenue in Pasadena. There's plenty of parking in the rear. Bring extra money because besides coffee and pastries to enjoy while we're there, the store is full of treasures to take home.

13 comments:

Book Dragon said...

I only have fixed plans for two days in January. Guess which the other one is.

sigh, I hope everyone has such a fabulous time that you'll do it again. Have a hot chocolate for me :-)

Shell Sherree said...

Oh, I know this spot, Petrea ~ thanks to you, of course! Looked a little different from the front and rewinding ... a couple of years? Have a great time. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Hope Jan 12 is very well attended and a B I G success, good luck!

Petrea Burchard said...

Book Dragon, too bad! I'd have loved to meet you in person.

But we'll have a nice time, even if only a couple of people show up. It's a lovely spot. For those of you in, say, Australia, or perhaps Wales, we'll take pictures.

dive said...

Ooooh, Penny For Your Thoughts is that yummy looking place you posted a couple of weeks back. I'm off to buy a lottery ticket so I can afford the air fare to be there.

LOLfromPasa said...

How simply divine....I want to join you all too!!!!!!!!

Petrea Burchard said...

Win the lottery, Dive, we'd love to see you. And bring LOL!

Laura M said...

I'll try to make it!

Petrea Burchard said...

Excellent, Laura! I talked to another friend today who's coming for sure.

Ms M said...

Sounds like a fun time! Wish I could join you. Have a coffee for me :-)

Petrea Burchard said...

I will, Ms. M. I will be supremely caffeined.

That would be great, Margaret!

Bellis said...

Madre is now a realtor, I think. Those vines look as though they've seen better days, so I wonder if they've gone now. Must admit I rarely go down that road off Lake. There's a good wine and cheese store and a lovely gift shop (Salutations) down there, so I really should. Alas, the date for the coffee morning clashes with a meeting with thrillionaire Elon Musk (together with 99 other people) and it would hurt his feelings if I turned him down (not).

Petrea Burchard said...

I'll have to check out Salutations. The wine and cheese store (Le Petit Vendome) has moved to North Lake, near Smitty's.

As for Mr. Musk, best not to make him wait. Tell him I'm sorry I couldn't make it. I know he'll miss me.