Monday, November 19, 2012

Zen Monday: #221

guest photographer: Ginab's friend Tom

Weehee! It's Monday! And a Zen Monday photo is just that: a Zen Monday photo. It is what it is. I mean, what is it? You tell us.

19 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

The rechargeable extinguisher!

altadenahiker said...

Apparently you've stumped more than just me.

Petrea Burchard said...

I guess so. But we don't have to figure out what it is. I have no idea what it is. We get to make it up.

dive said...

It's forgotten to take off its Halloween mask.

John Sandel said...

Oh, c'mon, folks …

Even a pyromaniac needs a new outlet now & then.

Some people don't know how to conduct themselves.

In Case of Electrical Fire, Do Not Break Glass.

(etc)

Trish said...

seeing as a black bar wouldn't disguise the identity too much, a little painter's tape and an outlet cover does the job perfectly! Except, they kinda missed covering the name, except for, perhaps if Kareem Abdul-Jabbar were walking down the hallway...

or is it like Dilbert and his tie? Hasn't gotten laid yet, so the tail is still sticking up?

Speedway said...

"If an extinguisher is not marked clearly and plainly to indicate the type of fire or material for which it is designed, sign cards should be placed on the wall close to the place where it hangs."

Maybe, just ... maybe, this was meant to show that the contents of the extinguisher could be safely used to fight an electrical fire. Water or foam extinguishers are conductors of electricity and could cause electrocution if used on such fires.

Ms M said...

You'll get a charge out of this one!

Susan Campisi said...

I'm glad everyone else's neurons are firing today; mine certainly aren't.

Bellis said...

This must be at the HQ of a major Silicon Valley company, where they make the employees solve a puzzle before they can access the fire extinguisher.

John Sandel said...

OK, now we're getting somewhere. I'll make more coffee.

Petrea Burchard said...

The fire's gone out in our relationship. And there was never any electricity in the first place.

Speedway said...

A fire can't exist without heat, fuel and oxygen. so how 'bout a threesome? ;-)

Margaret said...

In case of empty battery, break glass.

Trish said...

Bellis---I've never seen this in any company up here. But interesting idea. I think that'd be a GREAT idea for getting something from the snack machine, or for access to WiFi.

I'm thinking this was Romney's plan for powering fire extinguishers...oh wait...;-)

Speedway said...

All foolin' aside, for the 3rd time in what seems just as many weeks, the fire department last night made a run to my apartment complex to put out a fire that was, for the third time in just as many weeks, caused by someone's negligence.

Last night a woman left something to cook on the stove while she drove to the store to pick up something forgotten on an earlier visit. Last week was caused by a lit cigarette, left to smolder by someone who fell asleep. The first one was also accidental.

I've always said that I can control my behavior, but I can't account for my neighbors' actions. All together, about a dozen families lost everything. It is just fortunate that no one was killed or injured. All the smoke detectors and extinguishers are not a cure for stupid and, while the outlet taped to the extinguisher had some message and/or purpose, it's of no use if it's not properly maintained and people don't know how to use it.

Pardon my venting, Petrea, but I know a lot of people who still smoke, others who do things when they're tired that could wait until they've slept, others who just take their good fortune for granted. Please folks, be careful. You might save your own life as well as others.

Petrea Burchard said...

You can vent here anytime, Speedway.
I'm thinking you should move to a better building. Yikes.

Speedway said...

Thanks, Petrea. While I'd love to move it's not really a viable option at this point. This complex is quite large, made of many buildings, not just one. If I move, I'll have the same fears - who's the stupid smoker next door, or the one who spilled grease on the floor above?

I want a house. At my age, it seems odd, but I will at least have the comfort of knowing that there are no cigarettes fallen in the couch, or that food hasn't burned to a crisp in an unattended skillet.

Jilly said...

Finally they did it! A fire extinquisher with a small camera attached so that the fire can be photographed and presented on CDP ...