The online HQ of author and voice actor PETREA BURCHARD, and her publishing company, BOZ BOOKS
You don't really have to be careful, 'cause it's in quotes.
The sign really means: "come on, I double dog dare ya!" LOL
As far as poison oak,while hiking a friend wiped his behind w/an oak leaf( no toilet paper)... let's just say, he learned his lesson!. lol
the poison oak is so bad that even this sign is peeling. Imagine what it would do to your skin?!?!?!?!
can someone please come over and itch my back for me? I'm all alone (ok, the dog is of NO help here) and I'm feeling like my back is covered in poison oak boils!!!hellllllllllp!
Is it any wonder I take walks in Franklin Canyon just once a year?(Four attempts at Word Verification, if this one doesn't work, you won't be reading this.)
My experience with the WV is that you don't have to be accurate. Maybe I've been making good guesses? I don't know. I've had it up for a couple of weeks now, maybe the spammers have gone away. Why don't you have spammers, Kevin? What's your secret?
I took the WV down. No anonymous commenters. We'll try that. Anonymous comments will come to my in-box and I'll okay them.
Hi, This is a spam message. Would you like to purchase discount fake Chinese "Poison Oak" warning signs?
Why yes, I would! That's the first welcome spam I've ever received.
"A 'friend' of mine just emailed "that 'fake "poison oak" warning' signs are available" at HallOfMirrors.com … & "you can 'quote' me."
Makes it sound like it is "here" for one day only...........
I was curious... is oak poisonous? I googled and I read this: "The leaves and acorns of the oak tree are poisonous to cattle, horses, sheep, and goats in large amounts due to the toxin tannic acid, and cause kidney damage and gastroenteritis."The photo is beautiful!
Pigs used to be fed on arcorns, and squirrels like them, though their pee is horribly dark red, like blood, after eating them. How do I know? I have squirrels on my deck that leave dark red stains, and at first I was very worried that they had damaged kidneys.Poison oak makes me scream with pain. I get it really badly now. Even your photo puts blisters in my skin. Aaaargh.
Acorns, dammit. Typing with an iPad has its drawbacks.
Leaves of three, let them be!
Be careful, double dog wiped his behind, so bad back is covered in boils. Itchy canyon. Accurate discount "fake poison oak." One day only! Gastroenteritis puts blisters in my skin and has its drawbacks. Dammit."**Since spam is made from parts of the pig not usually used by themselves, I made my comment from bits of all the earlier comments.
Oooo, pretty fall colors. Sometimes what's most attractive is the most dangerous....
Speedway wins the free pass to the Hall of Mirrors, plus a can of Spam!So far, I have received no spam today. I should cross fingers and toes.Sonia, there's a plant that grows here called "poison oak." It's related to poison ivy. I don't think it's related to oak trees but I don't know where it gets its name. It causes terrible skin reactions if you come in contact with it--very painful and itchy. That's it in the photo. (If you all would like, I'll get you a close-up for identification purposes.) In some seasons it's green, some seasons it's red. Even in its dormant season it's dangerous.
Ok, I seem to remember this, but it may be an urban legend. That someone saw these beautiful vines, brought them home, and used them to decorate their hearth at Christmastime.
Speedway cracked me up.
Quite an attractive tree, with the colouring, not sure we have anything quite like it here though. Strange idea putting a sign up, bit like the council over here that nailed a sign warning of the falling conkers on a horse chestnut tree.
I think poison oak is festive, Hiker.Paul, I agree it is a bit odd, as this particular plant (more ground cover vine than tree) is growing far off the path. But not everyone knows how to identify it, and forewarned, they say, is forearmed.
For a long time my dad wasn't bothered by poison oak...then one day he was clearing off the hillside with bunches and bunches of poison oak... he put it in the back yard and burned it... The only thing worse than getting it on your skin is breathing the smoke...my dad became very ill. I was very little then so I don't really know how it manifested or what he had to do to get well, but he did. I, on the other hand, was always VERY allergic to poison oak and would get it standing 10 feet away with a slight breeze!!! I haven't been affected by it in years...probably because I know what it is and steer very clear of it!!!As for the spam filter...I've gotten pretty good at it and rarely miss...I actually find it a bit of a fun challenge!!!
And I should say...preferable to getting spammed. TheChief and I have been getting reams of spam from a few of Laurie's old posts at Glimpses of South Pasadena. It used to be that you could unsubscribe from a post, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that now on the new blogger format...
Chieftess, I see an unsubscribe link in ever email I get that's part of a blog conversation. Do you not get that link? Perhaps its because I'm using a google id? I don't know. I'm sure the web is scientific, but it's voodoo to me.
Well...Darn...it!!! I knew it was a simple process...but couldn't remember how to do it!!! I kept looking at the blog site looking for the unsubscribe!!! Thank you!!! Now...go ahead...spam me!!!
Post a Comment