Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Art, Art Everywhere

We were just walking, is all, moseying through the park, not expecting to find art. But this is the Dena, where you practically trip over art if you're not careful.

Kids played on the jungle gym. A couple flirted at one of the picnic tables. Guys got a soccer game going on the baseball field. I've never seen anyone play baseball there, only soccer.

If anyone noticed me taking pictures, they didn't care. No one claimed ownership of these works. I have no explanation for them whatsoever. There were birds' nests, landscapes and, uhm, what-have-you, but this is the piece that struck my fancy. This is the seminal one. I hope I don't mean that in all its definitions, but now that I think of it I don't want to know what materials were used.

14 comments:

dive said...

What fun, Petrea!
The composition reminds me of some of the things I've had served up to me in high-end Japanese restaurants. Not so sure about the flavours though …

Speedway said...

Fudge-on-a-stick Henge

Speedway said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margaret said...

makes me want to play with clay.

Bellis said...

I really do hope it's not a phallic altar - we had enough of that in the Stone Age.

Petrea Burchard said...

Dive, you've just described why I don't like sushi.

Speedway, you may turn me off to fudgesicles, too.

Now that sounds like fun. Margaret.

Bellis, that's a couple of million years to cover! I hope we're past it.

Speedway said...

Miss Mary's students at the Nursery School of Culinary Arts displays their first efforts with a gooey ganache.

Laurie Allee said...

Awwwww. We have a lot of weird clay sculptures around here. Little Bit really likes "conceptual" pieces. And when you hear a 6 year old say that you just have to giggle.

Susan Campisi said...

Caramel? I'm not sure if I want it to be edible or not.

Pasadena Adjacent said...

Woods Davy. Looks like his work

Petrea Burchard said...

At least you didn't say "pooey panache," Speedway.

Laurie, that is too cute for words. But that's a cliche, the word is "conceptual," which has got to be cute when Little Bit says it.

Susan, it does make me want one of those sea salt caramels from Little Flower Candy Co. Or maybe a chocolate macaron with sea salt from Euro Pane. Mmm.

I had to look him up, PA.
http://www.woodsdavy.com/index.html
It's a fine compliment.

Ms M said...

A back-to-nature movement? Art in a Park? I wonder how long those items will be there?

Mister Earl said...

Someone left the cake out in the rain...

Petrea Burchard said...

Probably already gone, Ms. M.

See, Earl and Patrizzi can't help making more art.