Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Any Minute Now

A hint of sunshine today. A hint of heat. It's going to get warm this week and I can't wait.

I love the days when you can leave the windows open. I love going for a walk without a sweater. I love sitting on the front porch with a glass of iced tea and a book. I love sleeping without an extra blanket--or without a blanket at all.

It's been so cold and rainy lately that people have been joking about the San Gabriel Valley turning into Seattle. Not that there's anything wrong with Seattle. Some of my best friends live in Seattle.

But I live here where it's warm and sunny. Any minute now.


P.S. Early risers please note: tomorrow morning at 8:00am, the Pasadena City Council will meet with L.A. County Supervisor Michael Antonovich in the Grand Conference Room (basement room S038) at Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield Ave.

Agenda items include:
* $2 million award from the county for environmental rehabilitation of Centennial Place
* Request for assistance developing and implementing a regional San Gabriel Valley approach to homeless services
* City participation in an environmental impact report (EIR) process for sediment removal at Devil’s Gate Dam by the L.A. County Department of Public Works.


The meeting is open to the public. Public comment will be limited to items on the agenda. The meeting will not be televised.
(My god, they go to meetings at 8am for us! Let's show some support!)

17 comments:

Dina said...

You should ask the Council to make future picnic table seats a bit wider for added comfort when snoozing in the spring sun.

Anonymous said...

The support will have to be virtual.

(don't look now, but I think I see some blue outside. Shhh, don't scare it.)

Petrea Burchard said...

I guess we could sleep on top of the tables, Dina. After all, it's a recession.

Should I cross all my fingers, Hiker? Should I whistle? My space heater stopped working yesterday, so this had better be it.

Bellis said...

Bring on the heat, says I. No, keep it cold, says my Welsh border collie with far too much fur.

I'll try to make it tomorrow but isn't it still dark at that unearthly hour?

Petrea Burchard said...

These days the sun gets up early, Bellis.

I'm away from my desk and my word verification is "suniste."

pasadenapio said...

Thanks for posting the agenda, Petrea. It hadn't been finalized when I sent out my weekly highlights on Friday.

Steve Scauzillo said...

Interesting agenda items, Petrea. I hope it goes well re Hahamongna. I am also interested in the homeless strategy for the SGV....

Virginia said...

I'm counting on ya'll to get that weather thing straightened out before I blow into town. And for the record, I"Ve not slept with a blanket for years. Whew!!!

Petrea Burchard said...

My pleasure, Ann. I hope people show up. The meeting time is a little unfortunate, but the agenda items are important.

Agreed, Steve. It's all important stuff.

Well, V, you live in toasty Birmingham. We live in frigid California and I'm trying to save on heating bills.

Katie said...

What a relaxing photo! So glad the sun is out there -- I've been positively giddy seeing sun here. We'll have to remember not to complain about the heat when it arrives for real.

Petrea Burchard said...

I don't know as I've ever complained about heat, Katie. Maybe. Can't remember. If I did, I'm heartily sorry.

Ms M said...

Tell the sun to spread its light and warmth up our way, too :-)

Petrea Burchard said...

As Dive was saying the other day, I wish we could share weather.

Susan Campisi said...

I think we have returned to our regularly scheduled program of sun and heat.

Sorry I missed the council meeting. I'm in the throes of packing, cleaning, moving.

Petrea Burchard said...

I missed it too, Susan. Boz is still getting up at night; so am I.

Susan Campisi said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Poor Boz. Poor you.

J.J. in L.A. said...

I love the temps right now, but I'm having a bbq over the weekend and it's supposed to be in the low 70's.

Figures.