Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dog Imitates Art

The first time I posted one of these outdoor artworks, I left the sculptor anonymous. Now it can be told: it's Leo Snider of Coventry Landscape Company in La Crescenta. He's participated in the Showcase House of Design, had his work published in Sunset Magazine and even Better Homes and Gardens and he still doesn't have a website. He doesn't need one.

Like me, Leo walks his dog (Snoopy the beagle) at Hahamongna Watershed Park. Leo doesn't intend to landscape the wilderness, it's just that he's an artist. River rocks and driftwood suggest further shapes to him and he's one of those people who can't help being creative.

Plus he has to keep himself busy while Snoopy hunts lizards.

Boz is creative, too. I called and called, trying to get Boz to move out of the picture. But he insisted on completing the shot for me.

10 comments:

Katie said...

This is an incredible photo! The sculpture is amazing, but so is your framing of it against that beautiful blue sky. And Boz add a wonderful touch!

Jane Hards Photography said...

This looks like something out of War Of the Worlds. It's a striking image of an interesting piece of art.

Profile Not Available said...

An excellent photo! What a great subject! Is that a Cubs hat you are wearing in the May update?

John Sandel said...

Yeah, is it? BTW, Cubs don't suck. They just lose a lot.

Petrea Burchard said...

Katie, thank you. I love what Leo does with objects of nature. I'm glad when I can get an interesting shot of his work.

Ditto what I said to Katie, Babooshka!

Kelly, thanks. But you're incorrect. That's a Cubs hat my husband is wearing in the May update.

Right, Bernie.

Jim Klenke said...

Boz looks like hes spying on you. The sculpture is very neat.

John Sandel said...

I mean, a LOT.

Petrea Burchard said...

You know Jim, you're right.

Bernie, you're right, too.

Anonymous said...

diva in Trilogy says-that Boz-such a scene stealer!

Petrea Burchard said...

Very smart diva, very smart!