These power poles line up alongside the 134 Freeway as you head into (or out of) Eagle Rock. It's a bad idea to stop on the freeway, so I pulled off to take this photo. The poles are actually a creamy color, but the shadows were just right, or just wrong, when I took this.More on Eagle Rock one of these days. It's Pasadena's neighbor to the immediate west, and it's got a lot goin' on.
This is such a cool image! I'm glad you stopped to capture it. I seldom get nostalgic for the skylines of southern California, but your shot made me instantly stop and take a look.
ReplyDeleteI remember having to drive through Eagle Rock to get to an old college roommate's folk's house in Pasadena. . .that was an adventure!
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo
Very interesting photo. Why does it always seem the best shots appear at the most inopportune time.
ReplyDeleteI love that pic.
ReplyDelete-d
This is an excellent photo Petrea...
ReplyDeleteGreat Six In A Row Shot :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you all like the photo. I'm partial to it myself. I'm drawn to symmetry, I guess.
ReplyDeleteSteffe--is "six in a row" a reference to a monthly theme? Maybe I should have held onto this one.
If you stare long enough and make your eyes go a bit cross-eyed the tops of those poles look like letters. Really cool, but all it seems to be saying is AAAAAAAA??
ReplyDeleteI love the shot. Like you, I'm partial to symmetry. All kinds of shapes, lines...
ReplyDeletesymmetric and graphic
ReplyDeletei like this
Thank you all! I'm so glad people like this shot. It seems simple. They're power poles. But they have a beauty to them.
ReplyDelete