Here's one of those places I drive past regularly, but rarely notice. (If we walked more often in southern California, we'd see more.) But flowers recently popped up on the plaza and I couldn't help but notice the place.The flowers looked inviting, but a big, white office tower shadowed the plaza and a guarded lot was the only place to pull over. I waited until the weekend when there was no guard, to park in the driveway and get a photo.
So here's the plaza of the corporate headquarters of Parsons, 100 W. Walnut. From the "about Parsons" link on their website I learned Parsons was founded in 1944. It's a management, engineering, and construction company, and it's 100% employee-owned. I'm impressed by that. But that doesn't begin to tell you everything about them. The list goes on and on.
Pretty flowers and interesting company. They do a lot of everything.
ReplyDeleteI have a friend who did contract work for them in Iraq, analyzing human remains to build a case against Saddam Hussein.
ReplyDeleteJenny, that's amazing. Eerie, too. What did your friend think of the work and the company?
ReplyDeleteI nosed around your blog, which made my mouth water.
If you work at any Pasadena library, please email me at pb (at) petreaburchard . com. Thanks!